Episode caveat: We are not psychologists, psychiatrists, or experts in this week’s chosen topic. You should always consult a qualified professional for information on mental health and when seeking a medical diagnosis.
With all that said, however, this week, we present you with The Guide to…Who is the Sociopath in your Life? We want to know what makes someone a sociopath, what the differences are between a sociopath and a psychopath and how we can spot them hiding in plain sight. We also talk about social vampires and the harm that sociopaths can cause plus we explain what an F.L.K is. We hope you enjoy it. Listen to the full episode.
Things mentioned in the episode.
- Without Conscience by Dr Robert D. Hare
- The Mask of Sanity by Hervey Cleckley
- Confessions of a Sociopath by M.E Thomas
- The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman, Netflix.
- This Conversation Will Change How You Think About Trauma – The New York Times
- Read an interview with Dr Martha Stout, author of The Sociopath Next Door here.
- Article on narcissists and sociopaths in 2018 article in Psychology Today by Bill Eddy.